Master-Seminar – Machine Learning in Graphics
Mondays 16:00-18:00, Seminarraum MI 02.13.010
In this course, students will autonomously investigate recent research about machine learning techniques in the computer graphics area. Independent investigation for further reading, critical analysis, and evaluation of the topic are required.
- The participants have to present their results in a talk, which should last 30 minutes. Talks will be given in English. The slides should be sent one week before the talk; otherwise, the talk will be canceled.
- A short report (approximately 3-4 pages in the ACM SIGGRAPH format) should be prepared and sent within two weeks after the talk.
Deadline for sending an e-mail with 3 preferences
Notification of assigned paper
- Book: Bishop, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Book: Hastie et al., The Elements of Statistical Learning
- Online: Nielsen, Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Online: Ruder, An Overview of Gradient Descent Optimization Algorithms